The Burning of Innocence

She reminded him of the sun. She moved as if her body was in tune with everything around her, and she listened as if the fire was telling her secrets. There was nothing unnatural about this girl, and yet it felt wrong for her to be inside these caves. Away from the sun, of which she reminded him so.

I am a writer, so I should be used to characters materializing, asking for favours (like giving them blue eyes or making them witty) by now. Normally, I look forward to hearing (and relaying) their stories as best I could, but when Rya asked, I was swamped! 

It was around Christmas and I had a thousand other projects lined up -not to mention life decisions- so I told myself I'd sit this one out until it was the 'right time' to do it. Obviously, there's no such thing... See, I always know if something's going to be small or big, so I got intimidated by the number of 'big things' I was working on at once. But this doesn't mean that Rya has to suffer for my bad time-keeping.

My solution? I'm going to release her story out there in cyberspace. To be read by whomever stumbles upon it and hopefully, decides to stay with it. So I hereby make a contract with myself to see this through, and update every week, one scene at a time, until Rya's story's finally told. As it should be. :)

Thanks for reading! (Hint: think fantasy.) First scene to be posted on May 14.

0 comments: